The laboratory carries out research on clinical cytogenetic:
- Determination of the karyotype by classical method with application of differential coloring of chromosomes R-banding, G and C - coloring and molecular-cytogenetic method FISH
- Research of sexual chromatin.
On perinatal diagnostics:
- Blood research on alpha-fetoprotein (MSAFP)
- Chorion biopsy
- Perinatal molecular-cytogenetic diagnostics of chromosomal anomalies by the FISH method
- Preimplantational genetic diagnostics (PGD) of embryos at early stages of development before its implantation in the uterus.
On biochemical genetics:
- Urine screening for the purpose of revealing of hereditary metabolic diseases
- Blood research on phenylalanine
- Diagnostics of mucoviscidosis (sweat test).